Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hello, Again. I Like My Life.

So I CLEARLY fail at keeping up on blogs. It’s ridiculous. I mean, come on.
Anyway. I write to tell you that school is back in swing and the next play has started on its way. We open tomorrow night. Final dress rehearsal tonight. I’m sitting backstage with my laptop. And trying to not type too loudly.
We’re doing And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. And even though I’ve only been working on costume crew for three days, I already know most of everyone on my crew and the cast… And I feel worthwhile again. I love how much I just… Click with this. I enjoy the hours and the atmosphere and the work and how it’s still so the same yet there are many differences. It’s so wonderful. I can’t wait until I have my own costume crew. And maybe someday I’d like to own a theatre.
So we all know I’m boycrazy. Far more than I care to admit. So I’ve been thinking lately about what my Future Husband will be like. What his major will be, how he’ll act, what he’ll look like… And I keep thinking that he’ll be a business or science (bio or chem, I think) major and be outgoing and friendly. Among other things. But then I think about my future and such and how I am slowly evolving and now that I’m back working on a show how my thinking seems to align… And I say that I’d like to run my own costume crew. That’s alright. I can do that, I suppose. Be underneath a director and be in charge of the crew. But. Owning a theatre… I’d love to do that. Pick the plays, have control… I don’t want to direct. At least, I don’t think so. I don’t know much about acting and I’m far too scatterbrained to be in charge of that much. I’d love to design for shows. But should I own my own theatre… I wouldn’t want to go it alone. I’d need a partner. A co-owner.
So.
That is my life plan? Haha. I love live theatre. Maybe I’ll work on movie/tv show sets someday. But I really do love live theatre. There’s just something about it.
Ok. So. Someone onstage is bound to be about to die. So I should stop investing myself too deeply in this and just post it and get back to making sure no one comes offstage or goes onstage with their costume looking silly.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment