Saturday, January 22, 2011

LOTR, I Suppose

Lord of the Rings.
Yep. I’ve finally somehow given in to something and have watched the first one. I watched the extended edition over a course of two days. There are plans to watch the other two over the next two weekends.
Anyway. I can’t think of anything else to write about today (I’ve somehow decided that updating once a day is a goal…) I am going to give you my extensive list of things related and not related to LOTR.
First, I would totally be an elf. I wasn’t that impressed with Galadriel which is sad because she is supposed to be some Light Elf or something? I dunno. But me = light. I’ve got this kind of odd obsession with light, sunshine, etc. I didn’t think she was that pretty… Her hair was. And I liked her ring. But. I would totally be an elf. Rivendell… When God remakes the earth, I really hope He makes some sort of Rivendell. You know what? BRB. Mkay. Back. I went to go try and find a good Rivendell Wallpaper for my laptop. I found one but I need this guy to email me the file.
Second, I’m kind of traumatized from watching this film. I did watch it with two other people and apparently my comments affected them. One started hurting me when I would make comments and now they have decided that if/when we move to Middle Earth (not my decision, any of this) that one will marry Sam, the other will marry Frodo (because he has pretty eyes) and I will marry Gollum. What makes this worse is that in my Gen Psych class we just went over how people of similar attractiveness tend to get married. So I’m not sure if they’re calling me ugly in a subtle way what. But. Traumatized!
Third, I dunno. The movie was great, the costumes and scenery were gorgeous though the mountains made me homesick… “I want to see mountains again, Gandalf.” Some of the CGI or green screening or whatever was kind of badly/obviously done. But I’ll cut them some slack, I suppose.
Yeah. I’ve lost all drive to write. It’s 2:30 am, though. Don’t judge me.
Feel free to ask me questions.
-Emi

No comments:

Post a Comment